Since plasma polishing is based on passing an electric current through a product, the materials to be treated should have electrical conductivity. Such materials include metals, alloys and semiconductors.
- Black (carbon) steels
- High-speed steel
- Stainless and alloy-treated steels
- Monocrystalline silicon and other semiconductors
- Nonferrous metals and alloys:
- Only electrically conductive materials are used
- Workpiece loading should be carried out within electrolyte-plasma machine's limits
- For each kind of product matching of optimal processing time, voltage and special electrolyte composition is recommended.
- Siliceous alloys (gray cast iron) are not to be treated
- Maximum accuracy class is 14, improvement not more than by 4 classes is advisable
- A product can be processed piecemeal in several stages